Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Table Runner




The last few weeks have been crazy! We hosted a family reunion on our farm - there was so much to do to prepare. One of the projects that I worked on was a table runner to match the little curtain I made for the window above my kitchen sink.




This table runner features some of my favorite Amy Butler fabrics - Morning Glory in Linen, Wallflower in Cherry, and Full Moon Polka Dot in Cherry - all discontinued unfortunately. It is a basic table runner but I free motion quilted it to add some interest. This is the first thing that I have ever completed using free motion quilting. I took a free motion quilting class about a year ago but just hadn't spent the time practicing until this summer.




I am pleased with how this turned out. The back isn't as nice as I would like it but one of my husband's aunts (who is an amazing quilter) reminded me that I have a bobbin holder specifically designed for free motion quilting and that by using it I will not have the same tension problems that I had with this table runner.




I am so glad I finally did free motion quilting and can't wait to try again on my next project!

1 comment:

  1. its very pretty!.. love the fabrics you chose! i am in awe of any type of quilting.. looks difficult.

    ReplyDelete